COVID-19 AND PATIENT APPOINTMENTS
It is vitally important that we continue to consider the safety of our patients and staff above all else during these unprecedented times. That is why we have made some additions to our standard operating procedures and already high standards of clinical hygiene that patients should make themselves aware of:
ALL PATIENTS (NEW AND EXISTING):
DO NOT ATTEND YOUR APPOINTMENT (CONTACT THE PRACTICE TO RESCHEDULE) IF YOU HAVE:
- a new continuous cough,
- new fever/high temperature,
- new loss of, or change in, sense of smell/taste,
BEFORE YOU ATTEND YOUR APPOINTMENT, ASK YOURSELF:
- Have I tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 7 days?
- Am I waiting for a COVID-19 test or result?
- Do I have any of the above symptoms?
- Do I live with someone who has either tested positive for COVID-19 or has had symptoms in the last 14 days?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, then call the practice and inform them PRIOR to you appointment.
* Please note:
A new continuous cough means coughing for longer than an hour, or three or more coughing episodes within 24hrs.
WHEN ATTENDING YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Press the top buzzer at the front door.
- Await instructions/directions on where to wait inside the building.
- A member of staff will collect you from the waiting area and show you to the Clinic.
- YOU MUST sanitise your hands when entering the clinic (this will be provided).
- Only one person is allowed in the clinic at a time. If the patient is accompanied by someone, then they MUST wait in reception until the appointment is finished.